Watch Pearl Jam's Lightning Bolt Palladia special, a longer cut of Danny Clinch’s short film on the band. Features Judd Apatow, Carrie Brownstein, Steve Gleason and Mark Richards.
New trailer for the 12-12-12 documentary, featuring Sirvana, Eddie Vedder and many, many more.
On Late Night With Jimmy Fallon last night: Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder talks to Jimmy about his friendship with Javier Bardem and the “environmental anthem” “Balls in Your Mouth.”
Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder talks politics in this clip from Made in America, Ron Howard’s documentary about Jay Z’s 2012 music fest. It premieres on Showtime this Friday.
- 9:38 Jeff Ament and Stone Gossard on Eddie Vedder’s lyrics. Gossard: “He’s on a tear right now. He’s got a lot of words.”
- 12:35 EDDIE VEDDER’S RAT CITY ROLLERGIRLS TRUCKER CAP
- 19:15 Judd Apatow discusses the parallels between young music geeks and comedy geeks: “I felt like the Blind Melon video with the Bee Girl – that’s what coming to Los Angeles was like.”
- 27:38 Mike McCready on his roots in the Spandex-wearing Seattle teen-metal band Shadow: “That’s how we learned.”
- 46:08 Judd Apatow on the Pearl Jam song he’d request and how the band takes him to “the crying place.”
Watch Lightning Bolt, A Short Film by Danny Clinch, a Pearl Jam mini-doc featuring interviews conducted by writer/director Judd Apatow, musician/comedian Carrie Brownstein, surfer Mark Richards and former NFL player Steve Gleason.
Thanks to tetravaal for pointing me to director Neill Blomkamp's newish Instagram account. Above is a photo of Blomkamp and Marvin, a character from his upcoming movie Mild Oats. From my recent Wired profile of Blomkamp:
Blomkamp wants to show off a prop from Mild Oats, a low budget movie he’s developing that he describes as “somewhere between John Waters and Jackass.” He removes a panel from a nearby wooden crate, uncharacteristically giddy. “You should be scared,” he warns. He’s right: The crate houses a 3-foot-tall, photo-realistic silicone puppet rocking a mullet and jailhouse tattoos. The deranged redneck stands completely naked, revealing six nipples and a prodigious, uncircumcised penis. The character’s name, Marvin, is inked on said organ in gothic lettering.
I took some Marvin dick pics for research purposes, but unfortunately I’m not at liberty to share.