I was in the poor man’s version of Dickless. When Kelly Canary left, the other girls didn’t want to stop, so they must have hit a level of desperation and they asked me. The funnest shows were when you could provoke someone in the audience and they would get really upset. My sister had made me this wand, which I called the Herpes Wand—if I touched someone with it, they got the herpes. So at shows, I kept giving people wand herpes. Some people loved it, and some people thought it was the worst thing in the entire world. Mark Arm didn’t seem to mind; Krist Novoselic didn’t seem to mind. The funny thing was, all the girls made a mental note of everyone who bitched about it: Don’t kiss that guy, because you know he just had a herpes outbreak.
from my interview with former Dickless singer/current Sub Pop VP Megan Jasper
DOWN IN THE DARK - A Kurt Cobain Mix
- Punk Rock (Interview) - Kurt Cobain
- Divine and Bright - Earth (w/ Kurt Cobain, Kelly Canary)
- Do You Love Me? (Kiss cover) - Nirvana
- Down in the Dark - Mark Lanegan (w/ Kurt Cobain)
- Spank Thru (1985 Fecal Matter Demo) - Nirvana
- Talk to Me (Live) - Nirvana
- The Money Will Roll Right In (Live) - Nirvana
- Asking For It - Hole (w/ Kurt Cobain)
- Sappy - Kurt Cobain
- Unknown Jam - Nirvana
Reblogged from S Y M B I O T A X I P L A S M
I was at this bar or coffee shop in San Francisco years ago, long after Dickless, and I see this woman wearing a Dickless hat. I’m like, ‘Oh, wow, we’re so popular.’ And I go up and say, ‘Hey, that was my old band!’ And she’s like, ‘What band?’ (Laughs.) So it’s sort of been co-opted by the lesbian community, which thinks it’s really funny.
From my interview with Kelly Canary, singer of all-female grunge band Dickless