By the way, I snagged Melissa Auf der Maur’s notes from the Hole mini-reunion the other night. From what I can tell, they are:
- “Seasons in the Sun,” which they played as a trio, Auf der Maur on vocals (the back side of the page is lyrics to that);
- The bass notes to “Red Head Walking” which they played as a trio;
- Some lyrics from ”Red Head Walking” (“Kiss that girl, / She’ll cut your heart like diamonds - END OF STORY / You bet you’re gonna lose it”)
- “Use once”, a note pointing to “Use Once and Destroy,” which they played an instrumental version of, as a trio;
- A reference to the Sebadoh song they did as a trio (video), not sure why it says Smiths;
- James McNew, who I just realized was that dude from Yo La Tengo. Melissa said he loaned her the bass she used. He joined them for “Over The Edge” by the Wipers (video).
Reblogged from heartbarf